January 21, 2014

The Mom Sets the Tone in a Household

A few months ago, a good friend introduced me to the blog Living Well Spending Less. Her name is Ruth and she has some amazing ideas. A lot of my posts are passing on some great information and different tid bits I like. This is one that I thought was really insightful.


It is true that your children watch everything you do, listen to what you say, and mimic your actions. As a teacher, I learned how to stay calm and reset my mood long ago when I felt angry. I have perfected it to the point of not even feeling anger anymore! It is amazing. I also feel, however, that children pick up on everything you do. If you eat in the living room every night, they will think that is what you are supposed to do. If you and your spouse fight with each other (verbally, physically, or emotionally). Your children, even at a very young age, will pick up on that. When they get to the age where they begin to form friendships, they will think it is ok to act the way you do toward your spouse.

I would like to leave you with this: Treat them well. Teach them well. 

And thank you Ruth for another amazing post.

Until next time ~ God Bless


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment