February 5, 2015

The Journey to Become a Stay-at-Home Mom

I have begun my journey to become a stay at home mom. My husband and I have talked about it and have gone over the financial side of it multiple times. It does not seem to add up, but I cannot deny the push I am feeling from God to do this. I am currently an elementary school teacher, making a humble salary. And after daycare is paid for, I bring home less than $150/week. I continue to ask myself why I go through all the stress for $30/day and to PAY for someone else to raise my children?

Don't get me wrong. I honestly do love teaching. I adore my students and enjoy enriching not only their minds, but their lives. I also plan to go back... someday. The bottom line to our decision is that we feel I should be the one to raise our children. God intended for me to stay home with them - it is my calling.

Today we had a snow day and I have fully enjoyed every second of being home, from keeping the house tidy to playing with our kiddos. When it is Summer break I do not get bored staying home with them, I sincerely enjoy it. Every. Crazy. Second.

Now, I know staying home is not for everyone. Some women are very career driven and I completely respect that. I am not, however. I am very family driven. My husband and I often joke that I belong in the 50's because I enjoy everything that comes along with staying home and keeping up the house.

Within the next 3 months we will be moving out of our current home and into a new one and I will officially begin my new full-time "job" as a stay at home mom. There are many big changes in store for our family and I feel incredibly blessed to have these opportunities. God continues to be faithful and it is time to trust Him 100%.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment